From animal subject to biological sample:
Recording and analysis of physiological variables
Our teams are made up of engineers with expertise in laboratory animal phenotyping and veterinary doctor specialists who have graduated from the European College of Veterinary Clinical Pathology (ECVCP)
Energy metabolism, body composition, cardiovascular exploration (maintaining the SPF health status of animals)
Biochemistry, cytology, hematology, hemostasis, histology
From services to R&D
Depending on your request, our teams can work in service delivery (by conducting analyses or experiments or making equipment available), take charge of part of your projects, or offer you an R&D collaboration
EQUIPMENT & SERVICES
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
R&D, through scientific collaborations established with researchers and engineers, that guarantees you a high level of expertise.
Toulouse Rangueil site
The phenotyping department at Toulouse-Rangueil conducts R&D projects that are:
- in-house – Effects on metabolism due to a change in food, within an animal science facility.
- in collaboration with other functional exploration centers – Inter-center standardization of procedures for metabolic phenotyping in mice.
- in collaboration with user teams – Longitudinal monitoring by telemetry of intraventricular pressure in mice.
The ENVT’s Medical Biology & Comparative Histology team develops R&D activities focused on the “Characterization and definition of Normal biological values” via 3 axes:
- Pre-analytical and analytical: the team studies and validates the best-performing pre-analytical and analytical conditions in animal hematology/hemostasis/biochemistry/cytology.
- Reference Intervals (RI): the team characterizes the RI of biological variables in domestic/laboratory animals and works to popularize the RI concept through the creation of software (Reference Value Advisor) and the publication of scientific articles.
- Intra-individual variability: using repeated measurements of the same subject, the team determines the indexes of individuality for different biological variables, allowing for a better diagnostic interpretation and early detection of anomalies in the subject concerned.